24 November 2011

A Little Progress ...

Well, I made some progress today. I was hoping to finish one of the characters so that I could test the air compressor and its installation. It turns out that the right-angle brackets I bought are too long. Also the 4-40 1" screws for the two switches are too short. I found some 1 and 1/4" screws, but I had to drill extra holes to make everything line up. I found two wood screws to mount the air cylinder to the top plate and I have everything together on that first character. I ran out of time though because today is Thanksgiving and I have to help Cheryl cook. So we took a nap, and overslept about a half an hour. We got it all done though -- just Cheryl and me! We did the same salt brine technique on the turkey and it turned out great! It wasn't "wangy" to Cheryl (she pretty much hates turkey) and it wasn't too salty for me. Before we ate, I called Marty and Brian. Brian didn't answer (he's a busy guy) and I spoke with Marty for a few minutes. She did the cooking this year and it turned out great, as I knew it would! Then I called my sister Judy. They had a great Thanksgiving meal! She is making progress on the Guac characters! This year Cheryl added Grand Manier to her CBS (cranberry sauce) and it is a keeper! Her dressing and gravy turned out fabulous as usual. We got done with supper and had it all cleaned up by 2100. Cheryl is fast asleep on the couch. I don't know how I would live without her! She is my everything! I have to work tomorrow, so I'll try to work on the project on Saturday. Later ...

No comments: