18 August 2008

Fay is on the Way ...

Well, well, well. We might be getting a good chance to experience a hurricane tomorrow. Lucky us.

At work, we are closed tomorrow because of TS Fay. I get to work from home! Oh joy.

I was here in 2004 for Hurricane Jean. Cheryl hadn't moved here yet -- I was staying at an extended stay motel out east of town. That hurricane felt like twelve hours of a continuous thunder storm. Luckily, the motel never lost power. I was working at Verizon. That seems like another century and I was another person ...

I'll keep posting as the storm passes. Cheryl thinks that it will move east of us and dissipate. She's probably right. But if the storm moves over either the gulf or the Atlantic ocean, it could intensify.

We are all set here -- we have taken down our wind chimes, moved the plants on the lanai closer to the sliding glass doors. We have plenty of batteries, water, propane, and food. It's all good.

More later ...

Be safe,

Kooth

No comments: